For someone who has a penchant of discovering waterfalls the song of TLC is probably not on the playlist.
Don’t go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to.
Day 2 of our South Cebu Backpacking. Oh yeah. I can vividly describe how mad and disappointed I was. I cannot believe we wasted six hours of our journey. Manong driver did not drop us off the starting point of Kabutungan falls in Ginatilan, Cebu. He even realized that we are 10 kilometer past our destination. We waited for almost 3o minutes for Ceres bust to transport us back. We decided not to go to Ginatilan anymore. We would see Aguinid instead. Fresh from this little misfortune, another driver forgot to drop us off Aguinid falls. I was so mad! We decided to take the tricycle and made sure that we will be on our destination. We paid 100 for this. I just shook this negative feelings off and was again excited to discover Aguinid Falls. 🙂
THE FIVE LAYERED AGUINID FALLS
We immediately proceed to the registration booth and paid 20 for the entrance fee. There was a quick briefing about Aguinid. Again, these are the dos and don’ts. So pay attention. Technically, Aguinid is composed of five layers. You have to ascend from the lowest point to see the final masterpiece of Samboan. The waters of Aguinid is so inviting that even at layer 1 you might immediately want to take a plunge. But again, listen very well to your guide. They know better. hahaha.
Layor 0 – Nothing really amazing about layer zero. So if i were you, continue walking to layer one. hahahah
LAYER 1. WHAT A NICE WELCOME!
LAYER 2. FEATURING STALACTITES
How to get to layer 2? You just need to climb a few meters. Hahaha. It was very steep for me. One wrong move and you and your broken leg. But there are holes that you can step into for easier climb. Just listen to your guide. It was dangerous if not taken seriously but really fulfilling after you had made the climb.
Level 3: THE JUMP OFF!
At the left side of layer 2, there is the way to layer 3. There is a bit effort in going up. Layer 3 was so so for me. Nothing really special. Other than, jumping from 8 meter high platform. I jumped and the water is 5 feet deep. I advise not to jump especially if you are a bit taller. I mean, not to be kill joy or something but safety comes always first!
LAYER 4. THE MOTHER FALLS.
I thought it was overrated. I like layer 1 better. I don’t know. Maybe if water coming from above has more volume it would have been the best falls that there is in Aguinid. But nevertheless, it was beautiful and its rock formation is so amazing!
- Waze or Google Map is of massive help. You can track your travel while still on the bus. This will eliminate the risk of dropping you off into the wrong place or worse kilometers past the drop off point.
- Cellphones are the handiest when taking pictures of these natural wonders. Suggest that you should have a nice water proof cellphone case!
- Follow what the guide says. They have been here for quiet sometime and they know better than you. It is always safer to follow what their instructions. It is for your own good.
- Would be great if you have eaten a meal, 3o minutes before Aguinid falls encounter. You need energy to do this adventure.
- Don’t do anything stupid! hahahaha
- Finally below is the cost. The 100 peso payment for tricycle was not included. Should not the-forgetting-to-drop-us happened we wont be shelling out for this. But anyway, please learn the easy way. 🙂