After our Aguinid falls encounter, we needed to see more. We were advised by my couchsurfing friend to try and visit the Binalayan Falls which is just adjacent to Aguinid falls. We rode a tricycle to the Binalayan drop off point and paid Php1o only. As usual, we need to fill up some information in the registration and paid PHP20 for the entrance fee.
When you gaze Tumalog falls, in a matter of minutes you will find yourself in love with its beauty. After having sight of it, I was like ” Ay! Itong falls na ito, masyadong pafall”
While dipping-in in its really cold water, you will realize that a bond was created. The pale blue color of this natural pool will intensify your cravingsnot to mention the shallow waters because it is waistline deep.
As you swim into the part where the nature showers from heaven, you will be fallen deeply in love.
Quickly, its beauty will grow on you. You will find yourself humming lovesongs as you fully submerged into its being! ?❤️?
- If you are into hiking, traversing the way to Tumalog falls is for you. It will take 30 to 45 minutes. Be sure to have enough water to hydrate yourself and strong legs is a requirement. Also, you can save money by taking the challenge especially if you are on a shoestring budget.
- Oslob whale shark viewing area and Tumalog Falls drop off point is quiet near to each other. Haggle with the habal habal driver as long as you can. 120 per head vice versa is their offer price. Better yet, you can burn calories by walking/running to falls. ?
- Another option is you may take the bus off to Cebu just tell the driver to alight you off to Tumalog falls drop off point.
- Tumalog falls does not have much water during summer. You may ask the locals or others who have been in the falls recently, they can give you information you need to decide whether to give it a miss or a hit.
- If you have really nice camera, it would be even more awesome to capture the beauty of Tumalog. But any camera will do, whatever strikes your fancy.
- I would suggest to take a plunge in the pool and shower in the falls. I saw some who did not experience swimming in it. Point is, its not everday you see this kind of jewel.
- Most of all, do not do anything stupid like throwing rubbish, shouting, vandalizing, etc.
I must admit that the province of La Union is actually off my radar when it comes to places to visit. I thought they are all about surfing. But my ignorance has proved me wrong right into my face!
On short notice, we had barely a week to prepare. I asked my friends and officemate if there is a chance to spend the weekend in La Union for an adventure. I wanted to be abrupt as possible because I want to get confirmation right away. Just Yes or No and nothing in between. So six brave souls initially got off from Manila around midnight to La Union. We rode in Partas Bus terminal and for 6 hours, we reached Sebay in Urbiztondo, San Juan, La Union. We maximized our travel time sleeping because we knew we needed energy for our first trip; trekking and swimming in Tangadan Falls in San Gabriel.
My typical Saturday would be just staying all day at home lying flat and sleeping. But it was not until one Saturday, while online in FB, I saw this feeds about Pinagbanderahan. I was amazed by the view, seems like they were up somewhere, you could almost see and touch the clouds. I immediately pinged my friends and wondered if we could spice up our weekend a bit. And was not disappointed at all. The next morning, we were as excited as hell. We met at SM Lucena and got off at around 9:30am.We paid 65PHP for the van transfer. You will know when you are approaching Pinagbanderahan if you kind of feel dizzy because of the zigzagy roads. Continue reading Conquering Pinagbanderahan in Atimonan, Quezon